BLOG BUDDIES

May 22, 2016

Vintage Style Mixed Media Tags by Toni

Hi everyone... it's messy time with our mixed media products today and I have a couple vintage inspired tags to share with you. I used my Art Anthology paints, sprays & texture paste to achieve this look.
I used T!m Holtz's #8 Manila Tag and collaged some old pattern paper to the background. Then custom colored my Mud Texture Paste for some texture. Once dried, I did some gessoing, stamping, sewing and added some lace trim. Mixed media is a wonderful way to apply layers of textures on your piece. 
The image I used in the frame is from Oxford Impressions stamp set "The Dressmaker". The wood pieces (dressform & frame) were simply aged with archival ink and Art Anthology paints. 

Here's wishing you a wonderfully creative day and hope this has inspired you get some tags out and create some mini masterpieces... For your pleasure I have created a step x step Snapguide tutorial below and please visit Art Anthology's blog for a complete list of products used and link up to our store. Creatively yours, Toni xoxo



Check out How to Give a Vintage Look Using Mixed Media Products by Toni Burks-Grijalva on Snapguide.

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.