BLOG BUDDIES

November 15, 2015

Moments With The Master

Hi all.. Toni here with another project for Unruly Paper Arts and our theme is "Noteworthy".  I picked up some of these journals awhile back for $1.

I thought they would be perfect for my friends daily devotional journals and with Christmas right around the corner they would make great gifts.
There are so many things you can do to these books. I wanted to keep them pretty simple because they will be writing in the books, so I left alot of the ribbons and such from the sides of the books. 
I cut a hole in the center of the cover to have there initial peep through. I actually saw some journals with this hole is where I got the idea, but the store was out of those journals when I went back so I made my own holes in these. 
The flowers and ribbons were colored with assorted Lindys Stamp Gang sprays and magical micas. 
The little crosses were purchased at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 a bag and then transformed using Deco Arts crackle varnish and antiquing creme. I loved how they turned out.  I have several more of these books to make and hope my friends enjoy journaling their "Moments With Their Master". 

Please feel free to enjoy my Snapguide tutoral of my creative process below: 


Check out How to Alter Inexpensive Journals by Toni Burks-Grijalva on Snapguide.

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.