BLOG BUDDIES

January 11, 2015

Just "Breathe"



"New Beginnings" is the theme this month at Anything But A Card. I don't really like New Years Resolutions because I feel guilty when I can't keep it...lol.. so for the past few years I have been adopting a word to inspire me throughout that year. For this new year I have decided on "Breathe". 
Life can sometimes be pretty hectic and throw you speed bumps along the way that can cause all kinds of chaos. So I am going to try to remember when LIFE HAPPENS... just BREATHE, Relax, Chill, Stay Calm.

I used a burlap canvas for the base and dry brushed white acrylic paint on it here and there. Then using my Dylusion Sprays, I applied Cut Grass, London Blue & Fresh Lime randomly on the canvas. I created the heart with a piece of styrofoam, I cut it in the shape of a heart then mod podged sheet music paper and my quote over the entire surface. Sprayed this with Lindy's Stamp Gang Landlubber Green. Using Blue Fern Chipboard frame, I painted this white and then mixed white acrylic paint with Viva Stone Effect Paste and applied to the frame to give texture. After dried I applied Tea Dye Distressed Ink to the top. Using Glue N Seal I applied my title and some sequins. The twigs were from a tree outside that were glued on using my glue gun. 

I also just love this quote from Elie Wisel which reminds me to not waste a second. Life is too short so embrace it ! Jump on over to ABAC challenge blog and play along with this month's theme and download your creation to inspire us all. And while your at it don't forget to "Breathe"

10 comments:

Rupa Swaminathan said...

I just love the whole thing Toni...the colors are so eye catchy! I Styrofoam heart is just unbelievable and nice to use up some twigs from the garden. LOve the quote too. Hugs.

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Love it Toni..the colors, the styrofoam heart and the quote. Nice that you used up some twigs from the garden too. Hugs.

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Toni! I feel the same way about New Years resolutions! I like how you attack it, with one word! Great choice and your project reflects the idea perfectly! Dreamy colours and your heart is fabulous! hugs until next time :)

Mrs Beez said...

Fabulous canvas Toni - love the colours and textures and the heart is divine.

craftysahmiam said...

You've pulled together so many wonderful items to create a special canvas. I like the heart you used rather than just a flat die cut piece.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Well the colours certainly relax me and such a good idea using a word to shape your year. Beautiful hun xx

Unknown said...

Toni this is so pretty and I just adore this quote! So true! I hope you are having a wonderful time in NY! xx

Words and Pictures said...

This is beautiful - my favourite colours for this time of year - and the vintage look of the heart is perfect. Fab inspiration for the ABAC challenge.
Alison xx

Pearl Maple said...

thanks for your kind comments on my recent post, and thanks for sharing your creative inspiration, this is so cool

Krisha said...

This is stunning!!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
What part of CA are you in??

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.