BLOG BUDDIES

December 6, 2014

Christmas Tagging

Playing catch up here for the "12 Days of Christmas Link Up Party" hosted by Unruly PaperArts and I missed day 5. 
 I have to admit, I have so many projects going on for other blogs that I really needed some creative mojo....  So we're going back.... waaaay back to a technique that I learned from non other than the amazing T!m Holtz. This was a technique he shared on the 12 Days of Christmas Tags 2009.... I told you we were going back 

Create your plaid background by using glossy paper and alcohol inks. Distress Marker Spritzer for my black splashes . 
Using my alcohol inks, I stained the clear dew drops to look like holly berries. 
Fun and easy technique and now these tags are ready to attach to their presents. Be sure to join in on the fun... There is so much inspiration going on at the party so hope you decide to play along. 

8 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW! Super cool tags. Lovin' the plaid backgrounds. So fun seeing the inspiration on the UPA 12 Days. xxD

Michele said...

i love the colors and embellishments on your tag! happy 12 days of christmas at UPA! xo

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

You have gone WAY back Toni! This was one of the first techniques I was ever taught with alcohol inks. Doesn't matter because it's super effective...terrific tag!

TangledBlueRose said...

These tags are wonderful, love the soft plaid, have to learn that technique! The berries are so pretty. Thanks for sharing and Happy 12 Days of UPA!~kim

Barbara Rankin said...

These are beautiful. I still love those soft colors!

Pamellia said...

Toni, these are just stunning! Wow, I love the colours and the vintage feel to them! That Santa stamp is amazing, love him! big hugs :)

ddazzled71 said...

I think it is always fun to revisit old techniques and I love the plaid effect achieved for these gorgeous tags Toni, and am definitely going to try the alcohol ink on the clear dew drops, they look fabulous as the berries. xx

Sharon said...

Just so beautiful! Visiting from the Unruly Paperarts Linky party!

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.