BLOG BUDDIES

March 10, 2014

SENDING SOME LOVE FROM HOME

This accordion style mini album is for someone very special in my daughter's life... a very good friend that she met in college and they have remain in contact. He is in the Army and currently in Korea and has been missing home very very much. My daughter gathered lots of pictures from college days and current pictures they exchange back and forth and decided she wanted to send him something he could put on his desk or dresser. Something to help bring home closer to him.
Here is my process:
I first cut 5 sheets of chipboard, 5 strips of 1" cardstock that was scored down the middle. I used the card stock to attach the chipboard squares and this also provides more stability for bending back and forth.
Next I covered each with black card stock
The paper line of my choice was DCWV Timeless Treasures, I used the Distress It All to distress the edges. I find when using my Distress It All, it works better when you combine several sheets of paper at once. I then inked all edges with Black Soot DI.
Next I gathered several embellishments that were to be used. I find this is easier for me when doing a project like this, rather than stopping and searching for items of my choice. I just put a bunch of goodies in a can and go from there.
I really wanted it to be a fun album for him, so I included some interactive pages. This 5"x5" 5 page accordion album fits over 50 photos !!!

So here we go with a page by page blow... the photos don't really do the pages justice but maybe it will provide some inspiration for your next project.

PAGE 1

PAGE2

PAGE 3

PAGE 4 WATERFALL CARD
PAGE 5
PAGE 6 FLIP OUT BOOK HELD WITH MAGNETS

PAGE 7
PAGE 8
PAGE 9
PAGE 10 POP OUT BOX
 
I hope Marcus enjoys his little gift from home and Marcus we always keep you and all our wonderful soldiers in prayer. Thank you for your service... we ♥ u
 
Happy Creating
Toni


No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.