BLOG BUDDIES

December 11, 2012

Saturday In The Studio

Due to all the holiday busyness, I am a couple days late on posting "Saturday in the Studio". This weeks feature product is Maya Road Vintage Wood Spools. These are so cute and come 6 in a package. I decided to create a Christmas tree ornament with mine. Here are the quick and easy steps to making this ornament. You can purchase them here at my Etsy Shop

The following supplies were used: Maya Road Vintage Wooden Spools, sheet music paper, black jute, ribbon of your choice, gold & silver tinsel glitter, black & gold confetti tulle, gold ornaments for embellishment

I first used Vintage Photo Distressed Ink and stained the edges of the spools, then cut strips of the music paper and glued it around each spool. Next I glittered all around the edges of the spools with my tinsel glitter... (this year I think this is my most favorite glitter... so vintage looking) . 

Using the black jute I ran it up the holes of the bottom two outside spools, then ran it up the 2nd row of spools and then finished by running both ends of the jute through the top spool. Leave about 2 inches and tie a knot. 
 Then using my glue gun I glued 3 spools together for the foundation, then two for the next row and 1 for the top row.  To finish off I added some pretty gold and black confetti tulle that you can also get in my Etsy shop and adhered some mini Christmas bulbs. And there you have it another quick and easy ornament for your tree. Hope you enjoyed ... Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Netty said...

Terrific arrangement Toni, love it. x

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.