BLOG BUDDIES

October 7, 2012

It's In The Bag

BURLAP .... mmmmm I love the smell of burlap and even though it's messy and sheds all over the place I just adore the texture. I have sewn it, painted on it, used it as a mask for misting over. I have stamped on it, Modge Podge'd it used it in flower arrangements and gift wrapping. The list goes on and on with burlap. Just recently got a big pile of it at the fabric store... so what to make???? Well as you can see from my previous post I embellished some pumpkins for my front porch, but I wanted to make something to sell in my Etsy shop so I came up with this gift bags.

Very simple to make and such a cute way to gift wrap something little for a friend or loved one for the holidays. I used my Oxford Impressions Alpha Stamps for the lettering and I found that using black gesso for stamping worked wonderful as it dried very fast. I then used black jute and basted it around the bag to use it as a draw string. Dusty Attic Heart chipboards were painted and papered and strung through the jute just for added embellishment. So go get yourself some burlap see where your creativity will take you. BUT... if your not into making these you can always purchase them at my Etsy store. 

No comments:

art (ärt) noun - supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty.